This weeks saying/quote is…….
Ideas from the Student Blogging Challenge
This weeks saying/quote is……
For one of the maths challenges, I had to create a school using google sketchup. Because this was new to me This is how it turned out to look like:
-By Amy M
Challenge from the Student Blogging Challenge
This weeks saying/quote is….
Every week I am going to post some great sayings that I have found throughout my life.
This is this weeks saying.
There are many different languages spoken in our classrooms at school but the main one is English. The school languages taught are Japanese and AUSLAN which is sign language. But our school is very multicultural because there is a wide range of languages spoken from Albanian, Greek, Tonga, Samoan, Japanese, Chinese, Indian, American, Italian, British, Macedonian and more! I speak Albanian and English.
What other languages does your school teach or talk in?
This post idea was from the student blogging challenge.
Image: World flags
Grade 8 looks at the medieval period around the world. Apart of the challenge is to answer questions in relation to that topic given. since I’m in year 8 these are my questions.
- How did societies change from the end of the ancient period to the beginning of the modern age?There are many reasons why Societies change. Wars, religion, discoveries and inventions, trade, natural disasters and contact between different cultures can all be reasons why they do. These are just a few points of what can make Society change.
• the collapse of ancient societies
• the migration of peoples
• conflict and wars
• the spread of religions
• the emergence of new ideas.
- What key beliefs and values emerged and how did they influence societies?
How people live their lives and interact with others is what people believe and value the different affects. Sometimes, tensions will bring up when one group considered their beliefs or values to be more ‘correct’ than others. Beliefs and values can be a strong force for change in a society, for better or worse. The period from C. 650 CE to C. 1750 was a time when many new ideas and attitudes emerged. Many were linked to teachings that would become major religions.
- What were the causes and effects of contact between societies in this period?There are many reasons in why the different societies came in contact with each other. They may have been forced to move because of natural disasters, famine, war or for political reasons. Some societies move in order to expand their territory or to seize the resources of another people. Whatever the reasons, contact between different societies has both good and bad effects.
- Which significant people, groups and ideas from this period have influenced the world today?The period between c. 650 CE and 1750 CE was a time of new ideas. The movement of large numbers of people around the world, together with events such as the Crusades and the Mongol conquests, greatly increased contact between Europe and the rest of the world. By the late 13th century, Europeans were becoming increasingly curious about the world. Many became interested in ‘classical’ art and literature. Over time, some people began to challenge the teachings of the Church and develop new ways of thinking and learning about the world. This period lasted for around 300 years, and became known as the Renaissance.
Questions off the student blogging challenge.
This post is all about asking questions for you guys to answer.
- What is your favourite post so far on this blog?
- What sports do you like to either watch or participate in?
- What is your favourite subject?
- What kind of music do you like?
- If you like to draw or anything to do with art what is your favourite style of creation that you like to create?
- What sporting team do you go for?
- What is your favourite saying/quote?
- What is your favourite movie?
- What is your most precious possession?
- What would you like improved on this blog?
Please answer the questions through a comment. Here are my answers to these questions
- What is your favourite post so far on this blog? It would have to be the one about standing out of the crowd.
- What sports do you like to either watch or participate in? Participate-Netball, Watch-AFL (Football)
- What is your favourite subject? Art of course
- What kind of music do you like? R&B, Pop, Country & House
- If you like to draw or anything to do with art what is your favourite style of creation that you like to create? Portraits of people
- What sporting team do you go for? Essendon Bombers
- What is your favourite saying/quote? If you don’t like me, your the only one who cares.
- What is your favourite movie? Taken
- What is your most precious possession? Would have to be all my drawings & my family.
- What would you like improved on this blog? I have no idea thats why I asked everyone else who reads my blog
This post idea was from the student blogging challenge