The Chronicles of Narnia Book Review

The Chronicles of Narnia

The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

Would you want to find your own imaginary place in this world where only you and your friends can go? Would you like to stumble across many different places and creatures that you didn’t even know existed? Well, there is a place, found in a wardrobe, called Narnia.

The C. S. Lewis and Pauline Baynes (Illustrator) Chronicles of Narnia series imaginative book, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, is for all children and teens to dig into. The main characters of the book are Peter, the eldest that is always trying to help his siblings, Susan, who cares for everything and everyone. She is also is very adventurous, Edmund, a trouble maker that always doesn’t do what his told but soon he finds his way, and Lucy, the excited one who loves to find new things and wander into different places. Then there was Aslan, the lion, and the White Witch. Aslan the lion is a kind, fearful, wise and imaginary character who helps the four siblings through Narnia whereas the White Witch is the complete opposite and thinks she is the Queen of Narnia. She is actually the villain in this story who freezes people who don’t follow her into stone and holds a curse on the whole of Narnia making it always winter but never there are any Christmases.

The whole plot of the story is about the four siblings going to their uncle’s house, who is a professor, throughout the air raids in London. In his house, Lucy finds a wardrobe while playing hide-and-seek and finds a complete different world called Narnia. Lucy and her other three siblings find their way through different challenges placed by the White Witch on their way of breaking her winter curse.

The main highlight I thought was in the book was when it came to the stone table and Aslan had to sacrifice himself to the White Witch. It was the most dramatic, sad and exciting part of the whole book, which is what I look for in a book, to make me have mixed feelings at one point.

The one character that dramatically changes throughout the whole book would have to be Edmund because he was a rebel at the start, not doing what he was told, to being a good boy towards the end and helping break the curse. My favourite character would have to be Aslan. He is so wise and calm but is also brave that he had to be my favourite. Without him in the story, well, there wouldn’t be a story! A quote from the book that describes Aslan would have to this:
“He’ll be coming and going” he had said. “One day you’ll see him and another you won’t. He doesn’t like being tied down–and of course he has other countries to attend to. It’s quite all right. He’ll often drop in. Only you mustn’t press him. He’s wild, you know. Not like a tame lion;”
It puts the whole book in perspective and it explains why he only pops up halfway through the book and leaves towards the end.

This is a seriously good book to get stuck into. If you’re the kind of person that loves adventure, excitement, drama, mystery or just an all round book lover you will totally love this book, and if you don’t like reading well you will be stuck into this book real easy. I give this book 9/10 stars.

By Amy M.

This idea was from the student blogging challenge.

4 thoughts on “The Chronicles of Narnia Book Review

1. Hi! І could hаѵe sworn I’ve been to this website before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it’s new to me.
    Anywayѕ, I’m definitely delighted I found it and I’ll be bοok-marκing and сhecking back often!

2. Hi,
    Thanks for visiting and commenting! Hope for you to visit soon and get to know each other a bit more.
    -Amy M
    The Creator of the Creative Mind