History

Grade 8 looks at the medieval period around the world. Apart of the challenge is to answer questions in relation to that topic given. since I’m in year 8 these are my questions.

1. How did societies change from the end of the ancient period to the beginning of the modern age?There are many reasons why Societies change. Wars, religion, discoveries and inventions, trade, natural disasters and contact between different cultures can all be reasons why they do. These are just a few points of what can make Society change.

• the collapse of ancient societies

• the migration of peoples

• conflict and wars

• the spread of religions

• the emergence of new ideas.

2. What key beliefs and values emerged and how did they influence societies? 
    How people live their lives and interact with others is what people believe and value the different affects. Sometimes, tensions will bring up when one group considered their beliefs or values to be more ‘correct’ than others. Beliefs and values can be a strong force for change in a society, for better or worse. The period from C. 650 CE to C. 1750 was a time when many new ideas and attitudes emerged. Many were linked to teachings that would become major religions.
  3. What were the causes and effects of contact between societies in this period?There are many reasons in why the different societies came in contact with each other. They may have been forced to move because of natural disasters, famine, war or for political reasons. Some societies move in order to expand their territory or to seize the resources of another people. Whatever the reasons, contact between different societies has both good and bad effects.
  4. Which significant people, groups and ideas from this period have influenced the world today?The period between c. 650 CE and 1750 CE was a time of new ideas. The movement of large numbers of people around the world, together with events such as the Crusades and the Mongol conquests, greatly increased contact between Europe and the rest of the world. By the late 13th century, Europeans were becoming increasingly curious about the world. Many became interested in ‘classical’ art and literature. Over time, some people began to challenge the teachings of the Church and develop new ways of thinking and learning about the world. This period lasted for around 300 years, and became known as the Renaissance.

Questions off the student blogging challenge.

2 thoughts on “History

1. Hello Amy! My name is Katie. I am 13 years old. I live in Pennsylvania, USA. I found it very neat that you speak two languages. I can only speak one, so I find that very cool. You are a great artist! I cannot draw to save my life, but I have another type of art. The performing arts are my favorite thing! But, anyway, what is Australia like? I have never been there, but wish to visit someday. Please read my blogs and leave a comment! http://kbm2012.edublogs.org/ Thanks!

2. Hi Katie,
    Thanks for commenting, Australia is a seriously cool place. I have lots of fun and the best part is that there are so many attractions that you don’t even have to leave the country! I participated in the school production this year based on alice in wonderland, well you can kind of get what the name would be, Alice. I had a lot of fun but it was too much running around. I love your blog and i love most of your top five foods!
    -Amy M